Thursday, July 5, 2007

Obnoxious Golfer

Greg used to play golf a lot growing up. Let's just say he is really really good at the game. But golf is one of those sports where no matter how good you are or how hard you practice you can play great one day and miserably the next.

Which takes me to the fact that he has not played in over two years. The last time he played a round was with his brother at the Reserve in S.C. His brother plays almost every weekend so I am pretty sure that Greg feels like the underdog going in.

This past vacation when all three brothers were together they decided to play a round on Sunday to which I asked them if they were sure they wanted to play with Greg. You see, Greg feels like the underdog but I know him very well and I know that even though he has not picked up a club in two years that somehow he will pull out some obnoxiously long, straight, perfect drives.

And that was what he did. He beat Mike by 8 shots and Dave barely beat him by a few. He also eagled hole 5.



His first drive was long and straight and almost 300 yards. I often wonder how good he would really be if he practiced every weekend....

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I should never have my dad play with Greg then. Add Chris to that list as well!

:) said...

Tell them that he shot an 85 after not picking up a club for two years! It's totally obnoxious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...