Saturday, July 21, 2007

The Irony of South Florida Living....

There is nothing quite like catching a double-header youth baseball game in the 92 degree heat (with heat index is more like 100 degrees) on a bright, sunny, not-a-cloud-in-the-sky day. The beauty of the double-header is when it starts at 9 am and goes through to 3 pm when the peak of the sun is at its hottest.

Moms like me are roasting under their array of umbrellas to shield the sun but can't do anything with the heat. I keep saying to myself that I am going to invent a portable chair that you can pack with ice packs like a cooler in the back and arms of the chair but haven't gotten around to that idea yet.

So as I sit in the sun I think of how wonderful it will be once I get home and literally run to the pool. I won't even care that I have my clothes on. They are already soaked so what would be the difference.

Both games end and I drive home foaming at the mouth thinking about that swimming pool. Just as I arrive in my garage I hear the first crack of thunder and before I can make my way to the other end of the house the sky turns black and a lighting storm is upon us.

So I stand in my living room staring out the clear door that leads me to my pool and think that this can only happen in Florida.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...