Monday, July 16, 2007

Such Exciting News

Last week I was invited to be a contributing blogger on workingmomsblog.com. I stumbled across the site while googling and trying to find some blogs where I can find people that I have much in common with. I started reading posts upon posts and found that the women on this site are living a similar life to me...that is, busy working mom just trying to do it all...or at least come somewhat close. I read a lot about "mommy wars" and to be honest, I don't really understand why there even is such a war. I mean war has such a negative connotation. I don't ever hear about "daddy wars." And then it dawned on me. Men live such basic lives. They eat, sleep, and "other stuff". Women seem to do so much more. We live for everything and for everyone. We love our families, our children, our husbands, our pets. We take such little time for ourselves and sacrifice so much. We sometimes forget that we are people with needs and wants just like the many people we care for.

Which is why I love the workingmoms blog. It's a place where I can go and unwind and laugh with the others. It's a place where I don't feel like I am in a war. It's a place where I can go and say "hey, my kids go to daycare and they are doing wonderfully." It's a place where I hope to contribute many posts in the future. I have so many ideas in my head of what I would like to say and hopefully people will want to read some of those things just as I enjoy reading them myself.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...