Monday, July 23, 2007

The Goldfish Cracker

I have never quite seen anything make my kids jump as high as Pavlov's dog quite like the goldfish cracker. I often wonder if the inventor and the distributor (Pepperidge Farm) realize how quiet and happy these crackers keep my kids.

All I have to do is mention the word goldfish and they come running like little ants. It's the funniest thing. Even Jack knows what they are. The sound that these little crackers make when they hit the little bowls is enough to make them yelp and dance around the kitchen. The crackers come in many flavors such as plain, cheese, and pretzel. They come in orange color or rainbow colors.

The goldfish are all named and have personalities. The yellow one is named Brooke. The others are named Finn, Gilbert, and Xtreme. They even have their own website. You can create your own goldfish character and customize your own homepage. You can play games and earn cheddar points. You can create your own goldfish ID card.

I never quite knew that there are so many things wrapped up in this one little cracker but it works and that's good enough for me.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Okay, this made me laugh! I can totally see your kids jumping up and down, 'cause that's what MY kids do too! Thanks for enlightening me on the name thing - unknown territory for me.

Amy W said...

I had no idea they had names...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...