Sunday, July 8, 2007

Hi-Ho Hi-Ho It's back to work I go.....

Tomorrow will be my first day back to work after a long two weeks off. Before I left for vacation I was holding down two jobs...my current job and a new job I have been promoted to. I often wonder why I am asked to perform both jobs...why can't I transition the new person at my old job? "They aren't ready to let him go yet?" But they are ready to let me go to my new job and stay behind at my old job. Doesn't seem quite fair. To that statement I hear my mother in my head saying "I never told you life was fair". Definitely life is not fair but can it just come somewhere close to the middle?

I will make a quick prediction on the amount of emails and phone messages I will have awaiting me when I return tomorrow. 500 is the magical number on emails and 20 is the number on phone messages. I will let you know how far from reality I am tomorrow.

A lot of people I work with don't enjoy their vacations because of the amount of work that has piled up for when they return but I am different. There is nothing like a vacation to help this working mom reconnect with her family and children. There is no price for the amount of hugs and kisses, snuggles and giggles, and joyous memories we have created on this vacation and from this day forward I pledge to do more of this.

I hope your vacations go well this summer.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Waiting to hear how close you were on your predictions...

:) said...

Cindy, Not nearly 500 but it was close. I believe more around 300. And the phone calls were about 5. I guess they really listened to my outgoing message that stated I was actually going to be AWAY from the office.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...