Thursday, August 23, 2007

Hernia All Gone

Today I went face to face with this.

It was a long day to say the least. I was all prepped and ready to go. No food or drink since last night. Egad. No hair up-dos or makeup. Yuck.

I got there at 8 am and was not put under until 11 am. I don't remember a thing after that except when I woke up in the recovery room there was a woman in the next bed over from me who just had a C-section and they had just brought her baby to her. I laid there and remembered when I had my own kids. Though I didn't have any by c-section I remember the joyful memory of holding them in my arms right when they were born.

Anyway I was laying there all alone and kept wondering if they told Greg that I was ok and laying there by myself. Finally I heard his voice talking to a nurse and realized he was really close by. He finally came behind the curtain and I was really happy to see him.

They moved me to the second phase of the recovery where they gave me something to eat and drink. After about a half hour we were able to leave the hospital. The area is extremely sore and pretty swollen and I am enjoying a few days off work to recover. I am glad to have this problem taken care of.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...