Saturday, June 23, 2007

Convalidation part 3

The convalidation is today. I have no clue what to expect. I think it will be a short ceremony because that is how Fr. OReilly operates...short, sweet and to the point. I am hoping it will be short because it is at 1 pm which falls right in the middle of Jack's nap and that is sometimes a recipe for disaster. I doesn't really matter though because we will be the only ones there and I think Fr. OReilly has a pleasant tolerance for loud kids. That's a plus for us because that describes our children to a T ...LOUD!

After the convalidation we might stop for something to eat. Nothing fancy but something nonetheless. We might be a bit hungry. The plan then is to go back to the house and finish getting ready for our road trip tomorrow. That entails packing, laundry, house cleaning, grocery shopping and lawn mowing. I will try to squeeze a pedicure in there at some point.

These past few days I have reflected about this convalidation. I don't seem to be making a big deal of it...no fancy music, no bells and whistles, no fancy clothes. I guess I just prefer it to be something just between me and Greg and God. I don't need anything else really if you think about it. The other stuff is just superficial and with 4 kids to spent time and money on, the superficial stuff doesn't really matter to me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...