Thursday, February 21, 2008

Speaking With A Demanding 15 Year Old

Here is how the conversation went:

Me: Your birthday party is coming up. What kind of cake do you want me to make you?
Him: How about an oreo cake?
Me: Ok. You mean an oreo ice cream cake?
Him: No. A cake filled with oreo ice cream.
Me: Ok. I am having trouble picturing this. Can you explain it better?
Him: You make a cake out of cookies and then fill it with oreo ice cream.
Me: (thinking hard for a few minutes and still drawing a blank)....ummmmmm.....
Him: It's like one of those cakes you get at the Mrs. Fields at the mall shaped like a big chocolate chip cookie with oreo ice cream on top.
Me: So let me get this straight. You want one of those big cookies and on top you want me to put oreo ice cream? Because if you do it's a lot like cookies and ice cream.
Him: Yes but then you put another big cookie on top of that!
Me: Ok. I think I get it now. You want a big round ice cream sandwich with two big cookies...one on top and one on bottom and oreo ice cream in the middle.
Him: YES! EXACTLY!
Me: Whew (sweating profusely)... I will give it a shot.
Him: Don't forget to put cookies on the sides too.
Me: Can we go back to cookies and ice cream?

If anyone has any idea on how I can possibly accomplish this please feel free to comment. He had me right until he asked for cookie around the sides.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...