Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Fish Wednesday

The Catholics are handing out ashes today so in honor of today, I am posting a wonderful fish recipe that is so easy that you really cannot call it a recipe.

That said, are you one of many people who don't cook fish because you are either intimidated or can't get to the fresh fish market or you just don't know how to handle it? I used to be one of those people until I took a look deeper into the fish.

It all really happened when I went shopping at my favorite grocery store. It was having buy one get one free (BOGO) frozen tilapia fillets. I had heard on the news that frozen fish is really very healthy and fresh so I decided to buy a few packages of the fish. The fish is packaged very nicely in individual air-tight wrappings that thaw in just about 15 minutes (perfect for quick cooking).

After they are thawed, I sprinkle the fillets with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper. If I have some lemons handy I grate some zest over them as well. Place the fillets in a heated, non stick skillet and cook the fish for about 5 minutes on each side. That's it. You are done.

To make the meal more complete, microwave a couple of baked potatoes or cook up some rice and serve with a veggie or salad.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...