Thursday, February 7, 2008

Organize With Me

Very often I get asked how on earth I keep a well-organized house with 4 kids. "Ummm...errr...I don't know" is my usual answer but deep down inside I really do know.

Ever since I was a little kid I was fairly organized. You can call me an introvert and a geek (you would be correct on both counts) but I remember being a kid and organizing my book shelves in my room. Every so often I would clean out my closet and organize my toys and clothes. Many times I would clean out my drawers and straighten out my clothes. I was cleaning the house when I was 9. I was cleaning and washing my parent's cars way before I could ever reach the foot pedals.

I believe it was a clean gene that I was born with because I don't remember being taught how to be this way. I just was. Perhaps a bit of OCD tendencies though nothing that inhibits my life in any way.

Organization really elevated when I became a mother. I remember getting advice when I was first pregnant that organization was one of the key components to motherhood. Even though I believe I take it to the extreme, I believe that you can never be too organized.

Having said all that, I would love to share some of my organizing ideas with you all right here on my blog. So stay tuned for Organizing 101.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...