Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Making Me Laugh

I had an awesome night out last night with my family. We went to Chilis because we had gotten a few gift cards for Christmas and wanted to use them up. Taking 4 kids out to dinner when two of them are teens and two are tiny people sometimes can be challenging but sometimes I am actually up for that challenge.

Last night while sitting at the table my oldest teen said something (what he said escapes me at the moment) but I let out a loud laugh. It was really funny....that I DO remember. I then noted to the remainder of the table that today all four of my kids each gave me a huge laugh out loud moment. They all looked at me as if I had two heads...what kind of sane person gets amusement from their kids making her laugh? What is so special about that?

The truth is that we (correction...I) don't laugh enough. I am so busy, busy, busy. I admit it. I should not be. I should take the time to sit back and allow the laugh out loud moments to asborb my brain. Why? Because it is FUN! It's fun to laugh and it's fun to see my kids laugh with me.

I commit to laughing more and being more easy going with my kids and making them laugh. I will let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...