Sunday, May 27, 2007

You can learn a lot from a yearbook

Yearbooks are here and it is hilarious reading for me and Greg. All of those handwritings in Kevin and Ryan's books remind me of when I was in high school and all of the shortened words such as B.F.F. (best friends forever) or 2 nice 2 be 4 gotten. All of the girls dotted their i's with a heart.

I have to say that the kids still write like that but the words and the abbreviations are very different. They call each other skanky, shrimpy, wierdo, creepo, dork, and some other names that I can't remember and can't pronounce. The girls all sign their names by saying I heart U (heart being the symbol of a heart). When I asked Kevin why three girls love him, he told me that all the girls write "I heart U". Who knew? I certainly didn't. When I was in school, "I heart U" meant you were going to get married one day.

It's still fun watching them grow up and mix with girls and it's good to see them finding friendships with the opposite sex. Although I am not ready for anything more than that it's a strange feeling that these are my sons growing up. It's bittersweet for sure.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...