Sunday, May 27, 2007

Baseball Tournament Weekend

This Memorial Day Weekend was also the same weekend that Kevin had a baseball tournament in Coral Springs. On Saturday during one of the games I noticed church bells ringing behind the park. I realized that there was a church nearby. After the last game was over we drove over to the church and I walked inside to see what times they held Sunday mass. They seemed to have masses that coincided with the baseball schedule on Sunday. Kevin's first game was going to be 9 am - 11 am and then if they won that game they would have a 2nd game starting at 1 pm. That was perfect because there was a mass at 11:30 we could go to and then be back in time for the second game.

Imagine the surprise on Kevin's face when after the first game I told him that we are going to church. You would have thought I just fed him poison! His face quickly turned sour and then he proceeded to show me that he cannot go to church with his uniform on, cleats and clay all over his face and pants. I told him that was nonsense and that Jesus welcomes anyone into his church and that perhaps he would admire Kevin for being so committed! (Well remember he is a teenager after all so he wasn't buying it). Anyway he didn't have a say in the matter. We were going!

I am really glad I went because it was a change of scenery, a different church and different style of mass that goes on a lot longer than the masses that we are used to attending but I liked the priest and most importantly I liked the cry room! Not only did I also like the fact that I was able to teach my kids a good lesson but I loved the look on the baseball parents faces when they asked me if we wanted to go to lunch with them and I replied "We can't. We are going to church!"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...