Friday, May 25, 2007

The Pursuit of Happyness

This movie is one of the best movies I have ever seen. Will Smith does an outstanding job of portraying the real life story of Chris Gardner, a real rags to riches story. The story is so much more than that. It's about a man who dares to search for his dream and he gets it. He takes huge risks along the way some of which lead him to poverty and homelessness with his young son. They find themselves sometimes sleeping in subway stations and homeless shelters. Yet he manages to never give up hope that he will make it one day and he does.

I am a big fan of Will Smith for many reasons mainly because I think he is a really good actor. I am glad he got nominated for an Academy Award for this role because I think he deserved it. His portrayal in this movie brought me to tears in the end and inspired me to pursue my own dreams. It's a great movie to show to your kids. There are many life lessons in this movie.

It is out on DVD and PPV and I would recommend it to anyone and everyone.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...