Monday, October 8, 2007

Am I Ready For This?

A couple of days ago when I picked up my older boys from their Dad's house, I asked them how their weekend was going so far. They answer me in their usual answer of "Fine" but my young tween, who will soon be a teen, told me that he went to a movie with some friends and a mom of one of the friends. I continued to ask questions about the friends and he admitted to me that there were some guy friends and some girl friends.

I respond with "ohhhh" and then with what must have been an Edith Bunker look on my face my "ohhhh" turned to "oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh." Boys and GIRLS? Emphasis on "GIRLS".

I ask who the girls are and he tells me that they are just some girls from school. There were 4 boys and 3 girls and it was no big deal. Of course it wasn't a big deal. That is not a big deal to him. But certainly a big deal to me.

That's because my little guys are growing up and wayyyy too fast. I dread the day when I have to worry about girls and girlfriends and love and heartbreak and all of that stuff that goes with relationships with your kids. I shudder to think of it all. I don't need to add more years onto my life at this point. I am happy to not have too many gray hairs. Why add more?

I am just not ready for this but I am realizing that it is happening whether I am ready for it or not.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...