Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Children Worry Too!

Tuesday is usually the worst day of the week for me as far as busy and running around. There is usually baseball practice, track practice, the occasional baseball game and then there is CCD at night. Try to fit in dinner and laundry with all that and you have one busy momma.

Tonight was no exception. In my haste, though, I was late in picking up a certain teen from CCD. Even though it was only 10 minutes past the release time he was the last one left. The very kind teacher stayed with him and waited which was very sweet. When he saw me pull up he got into the car and looked very troubled. Even though I apologized for losing track of the time, he said that was fine.

He says "I was SOOOO worried about you...I thought something had happened to you and my heart was beating really fast and I felt sick to my stomach."

I have to admit to getting all teary inside as I replied "Welcome to parenthood."

We both smiled and I treated him to dinner and a smoothie. My little men are growing up.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...