Thursday, May 1, 2008

Speaking of Bon Jovi....

My last blog entry raised some questions so here are the answers...

1. Did I take the photos? No I did not take the pictures. A co-worker of mine who I ran into at the concert took them.
2. Was I really that close? Yes I was only a few rows behind my co-worker so I was seeing what she was seeing.

Back to my continued obsession with Jon Bon Jovi. I have always loved this band even back to the hair days of the '80s when I was in college. I was always secretly jealous that I couldn't get my hair to look like this....



so it goes without saying that since their Bounce tour in 2002 and 2003, I have been attending every concert that has come to my area (4 total!). It is one of the few rock-n-roll bands that I feel I can take my kids to go see. No bad words. No indiscretions. Just lots of singing, dancing, and drooling. My better half asked me if I had the chance to do anything with Jon Bon Jovi, what would it be?

In all honesty, I would just want to sit down and talk to him. Really! I would ask him all sorts of questions about his music such as "Was his breakup to Diane Lane the inspiration to You Give Love A Bad Name?". I would also ask him who he was singing to in the hit "I'll Be There For You." I would ask him about his family and his kids and his wife and what is Richie Sambora really like. I would ask him about his skin care regimen and what products he uses in his hair and how does he pick out his wardrobe. I would ask him how he gets all of that energy before a concert and what gave him the confidence to start a band when he was a teenager? I would ask him what time he goes to bed and what he eats for dinner.

Ok. I would ask him just about everything!

But since I am a realist and understand that this opportunity might not ever come around, I might as well keep memories like this alive in my head.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...