Monday, May 12, 2008

Please Somebody Clone Me!

Have you ever really wanted to be in two places at one time? Well, today is that day for me. You see, I have to take one of my teens to the doctor because he has a really bad-looking (ok let's face it..it's downright pukey looking) rash on his leg and it's not getting better. I called the doctor and she suggested going in to take a look.

At the same time I would be picking up my oldest from school. I LOVE picking him up from school. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. Why do I love it so much? Well, because one day he won't need me to do it. One day he will want to do it himself. One day he might choose to go home with a friend or ***dread*** girlfriend. One day he will graduate and no longer need my assistance. Better than that is the way I watch him walk to the car - not yet a full grown man, no longer my little baby- and I watch him laughing with his friends. I watch him carry his books. I watch him. I just watch him and remember how it was when he was in kindergarten.

Today my better half will get the pleasure of picking him up and I will miss it for this one day. I will be back tomorrow but I will feel bad that I missed today.

I could have changed the dr appt time but that would have meant that my little rash boy would have to miss even more school than he needs to. But I will be back in that pickup line tomorrow. Nothing is going to stop me tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...