Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Old Friends

I got an email the other day from an old friend from high school. It flooded back so many memories. I think she may be lurking around my blog so I decided to make a mad dash back to 1982. I am sure she will get a kick out of this....

I remember playing Missile Command on your brother's old Atari.

Do you remember the night that we were supposed to go to see the Osmonds in concert but then it got cancelled because of poor attendance?

When we were juniors we spent the night of the senior prom together at my house crying because the guys we wanted to go with never asked us.

I remember swapping one of my shoes with you and walking around all day with one of your shoes on and one of my shoes on. You did the same thing.

I never loved purple but I liked it because you did and we were....friends.

I will never forget the horrified feeling inside when we threw a surprise birthday party for our friend and when I was driving her over to your house she told me that she figured it out. I made her promise to act surprised.

You liked Barry Manilow and so did I. End of story.

I knew I could count on you all of those days during junior year when we spent more days crying over the boys that we liked but you were the one who helped me through it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...