Friday, April 25, 2008

Keeping Healthy

Lately I have been thinking a lot about my heath. Vitamins, nutrition, exercise, screening, etc. I believe it is a good thing to reevaluate how I am doing with my overall health especially as I get older. Also, I need to be as healthy as possible so I can care and raise my children as best as I can.

Having said that I am taking several measures to do the best I can in that area including:

1. Daily vitamin intake - multi vitamin, calcium with D vitamin, and omega 3 vitamin
2. Eat 6 small meals each day which includes a peanut butter sandwich for breakfast (two slices of 100% whole wheat toast + natural peanut butter + sugar free preserves), yogurt at least once a day, and a few cups of raw and cooked green vegetables.
3. Drink lots of water - I am a horrible Diet Coke addict and it's really my only addiction (well other than my hobbies). I must concentrate on this a lot if I want to be totally committed to better healthy eating habits. But I do drink a lot of water so hopefully that counts for something.
4. Exercise - this is a tough one because I try to get to the gym as much as possible with my busy schedule. I am lucky because we recently were given some weights and a spinning bike by the owner of a newly built gym that my better half's company built. We transformed the garage into a gym so I ride that spinning bike for at least 30 minutes each day in the event that I cannot get to my local gym. That has helped tremendously in maintaining my weight and overall cardio health.
5. Health screening - I religiously go for my proper screenings such as mammograms, yearly physicals and I take advantage of the free health screenings offered at work. Today I did the cholesterol screening and I was off-the-charts good. My LDL (bad cholesterol) was 38 which is fantastic (less than 160 is good). My total cholesterol is 120 (less than 200 is good). My glucose is 84 (less than 100 is good).

Everything is pretty much in check. Just have to work on that Diet Coke and I should be in total working condition.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...