Thursday, January 8, 2009

First Craft Show Coming

I am so excited. I just signed up for my first real arts and crafts show. And I don't know a thing about what I am doing. But that's the real fun part of it...not knowing a thing and learning along the way.

I scoped out this show last November and it frightened me a bit. There were so many jewelry vendors and I noticed a lot of things they were not doing that I would do. I also noticed that none of them sold youth jewelry. Everyone was selling adult jewelry. Another good point for me.

I need to get organized though. I need to make sure I have enough jewelry (but not too much) for the show. Since this is my first, I don't really have any idea of what will sell and what won't so I don't want to make too much of something that doesn't sell. Since this is my first show I won't go into it with really high expectations. This is mostly a learning venture.

I will try to make the most of the show though without spending a lot. I plan to get some cheap styrofoam and fabric to cover it for my displays. I also need to make sure I have enough of a variety of jewelry to see what customers like and don't like.

I have also been learning a lot from the internet. I downloaded an e-book from an experienced artist who is very successful at art shows and home shows. What I have learned is in the first few shows that I should put stuff out there and see what sells. So I will not just put out necklaces, bracelets and earrings. Some other things I will put out will be keychains, cell phone dangles, and webkinz jewelry.

The show is at the end of February so if I can get everything together by then I will be a happy camper.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...