Thursday, July 10, 2008

I Am Not A Runner

I have been thinking about my insane decision to sign up for another marathon next year. It will be my second. If you weren't catching my blog earlier this year, I posted incessantly about my first half-marathon. Now after taking several months off and waiting on a clean bill of health, I have decided to get back into some sort of training.

But I am really NOT a runner at all. I know this. I don't know strategy. I have a pretty big butt and flat feet. These two characteristics do not exactly make for a runners body. But I am a goal setter and I have determination so I like to think that those two things can help carry me through some training and an actual race. Well, at least they did last time and I did finish! In the middle of the pack too, I might add.

So as I threw my body on the scale last week, it confirmed what I had already known. I need to lose at least 10-15 pounds before I get into a running schedule. Not a problem! Just set goals and get determined, right?

So I laid out a really aggressive exercise plan that takes me to the gym 5 days a week with one of those days being yoga for an hour and then bootcamp for another hour. I also laid out a pretty aggressive 1200 calorie-a-day meal plan.

I am not sure how I will incorporate this plan into my blog but I will figure it out as I go.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...