Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday Morning Meme - July 30

Around the house - I cannot believe it is August this week.  This can only mean a few distressing things:  Kids are going back to school, Kevin is going back to college, and I celebrate another birthday. 

What my kids are doing - Nothing at the moment thank goodness. We have a break from every imaginable extra curricular activity known to mankind with the exception of Kelly's end of summer play at her drama camp. 

I'm noticing - that there is a reason why all of the marathon training books tell you that the day after a long run is to be a rest day.  And it should also be a "no high heels" day at work too.

I am proud of - my goal of running the NYC marathon in November.  This training has been pretty grueling and it's not the running that is the problem.  It's the South Florida heat and humidity.  Funny how it doesn't matter what time of the day you run.  It's always hot here.

On my table - Home cooked meals inspired by my recent trip to Key West where everything to eat there is good.  I figured out that mango goes good with everything!

Did you know? - I am training to run in the NYC marathon probably because I mentioned it above.  But in all seriousness I am going to start blogging about my training in a new series of posts leading up to the race.  I am still trying to figure out how I got roped into this challenge.  Regardless, it's going to happen and I couldn't say no.  My ipod is my new best friend. More on her later.

Good thoughts - It's Monday morning and third or fourth day of the Olympics. I love the Olympics.  One of these days I will go to an Olympic games.  It's on my bucket list along with the NYC Marathon.

Have a great week!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...