Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Howdy Visitor

I get hundreds of visitors to this blog every day. No lie! It's been going on for a few years.  No lie! They even come when I don't post anything.  I find this phenomenon to be fascinating.  I know the number of visitors because I have a counter on my blog that gives me daily stats.  The numbers usually go up around major holidays and I have visitors from all over the globe.

So the big question is what are they coming to look at?  Quite frankly they are coming to look at this post.  And this one.  They want to make a rue (or is it roux?).  So they go to google and type in the word "rue" or "how to make a rue" and my blog is the first entry on google to appear.  Isn't that funny?  So my visitors hit my blog and watch the video of how to make a "rue".  Sometimes they even post a comment thanking me.

I have also had people criticize me for misspelling the word "rue" but I don't change it because everyone who googles "how to make a rue" also misspells the word.  Hence that is how they hit my blog.

I have tried over time to get the people who go to my rue posts to burn my feed and stick around for other blog posts.  I am not sure if they do that but I don't think so because I am getting substantially fewer hits on my other posts.

Either way if you read this I hope you stick around or burn my feed in a reader and come back and visit.  There are lots of good things going around here...my oldest is coming home next week from college for the first time since the Fall semester started and there are many others fun things going on with my other peanuts. 

Unless you want to make a rue.  You can find that here too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...